Goliath Must Fall Study Guide Winning the Battle Against Your Giants
It's likely you have a threatening giant in your life...an adversary or stronghold that's diminishing your ability to live a full and free life. Frozen in the grip of rejection, fear, anger, comfort, or addiction, we lose sight of the promise God has for our lives. Demoralized and defeated, we settle for far less than his best.
God has a better plan for you, a plan for you to live in victory. That's why he has silenced your giant once and for all.
In Goliath Must Fall, pastor Louie Giglio uncovers a newfound twist in the classic story of David and Goliath. The key to living free from our giants is not better slingshot accuracy, but keeping our eyes on the one and only giant-slayer--Jesus. Put your hope in him and watch Goliath fall.
In this study, you will learn:
- In the story of David and Goliath, we are not David...Jesus is! We can only slay our giants by relying on his strength.
- Jesus' resurrection shows us that God has power even over death itself and there is nothing we fear that he cannot overcome.
- Rejection looms as a giant and haunts us with its cousins--insecurity, inferiority, perfectionism, or compulsive drivenness. The only thing that can defeat toxic thinking is God's acceptance.
- Our job isn't whipping up our courage; it's remembering some key facts: Life is short. God is big.
- We can get addicted to anything we turn to when life is chaotic or in a slump, such as nicotine, alcohol, shopping, overeating, porn, or simply the approval of others. We overcome addiction by bringing it into the light and being set free by God.
"Louie walks us toward the road to redemption through godly wisdom and relatable transparency. He doesn't just help us conquer the Goliaths in our life; he shares his own. This book offers freedom for anyone who is willing to face their giants."Lecrae, Grammy-award winning artist, songwriter, and producer
- Dead but Still Deadly
- Fear Must Fall
- Rejection Must Fall
- Comfort Must Fall
- Anger Must Fall Addiction Must Fall
Designed for use with the Goliath Must Fall Video Study (9780310083764), sold separately.
|Publisher Name||Harperchristian Resources|
|Author Name||Hagendorf, Col|
|Bisac Subject Major||REL|
|Target Age Group||min:NA, max:NA|
|Dimensions||00.83" H x 00.05" L x 40.00" W|
Louie Giglio is pastor of Passion City Church and founder of the Passion movement, which exists to call a generation to leverage their lives for the fame of Jesus.Since 1997, Passion has gathered collegiate-aged young people at events across the U.S. and around the world, uniting millions of students in worship, prayer, and justice. In addition to the collegiate gatherings of Passion Conferences, Louie and his wife, Shelley, lead the teams at Passion City Church, sixstepsrecords, and the Passion Global Institute. Louie is the author of The Comeback, The Air I Breathe, I Am Not But I Know I Am, and Goliath Must Fall. Louie and Shelley make their home in Atlanta, Georgia.